New filters experience is available in Power BI Embedded
Posted on 14 August 2019
When designing your report, you no longer see the old Filters pane at all in the Visualisations pane. You do all your filter editing and formatting in a single Filters pane.
As a report designer, here is what you can do in the new single Filters pane:
- Add and remove fields to filter on.
- Change the filter state.
- Format and customise the Filters pane so that it feels part of your report.
- Define whether the Filters pane is open or collapsed by default when a consumer opens the report.
- Hide the entire Filters pane or specific filters that you do not want report consumers to see.
- Control and even bookmark the visibility, open and collapsed state of the new Filters pane.
- Lock filters that you do not want consumers to edit.
With the new filter experience, report consumers can also hover over any visual to see a read-only list of all the filters or slicers affecting that visual.