General availability: Microsoft-hosted Linux and macOS agents in VSTS Sprint 137 Update
10 July 2018
In the Sprint 137 Update of Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), we've removed the "Preview" moniker from our Linux and macOS Microsoft-hosted CI/CD agents and made them generally available. Along with our Microsoft-hosted Windows agent, you now have a trusted and scalable platform for production builds and releases, no matter what your platform is.
There are other features across code, wiki, package, and administration, as listed below. View the full release notes on Microsoft Docs.
- Create pull requests without a default team as reviewer
- Allow bypassing branch policies without giving up push protection
- Link to headings within a page
- View broken links
- Attach files and images in folders
- Open page in new tab
Build and release:
- Build and release with Microsoft-hosted Linux and macOS agents
- Automatically deploy to new targets in a deployment group
- Hold deployments until gates succeed consistently