Azure StorSimple 8000/1200 series will no longer be supported starting 31st December 2022
Published date: 26 February, 2020
Microsoft has been expanding the portfolio of Azure Hybrid storage capabilities with new services for data tiering and cloud ingestion, providing more options to customers for storing data in Azure in native formats. In conjunction with this, support for the following StorSimple versions will end 31st December 2022.
- StorSimple 8000 series - 8100, 8600, 8010, 8020
- StorSimple 1200 Series
- StorSimple Data Manager
- StorSimple Snapshot Manager
How does this affect me?
Beginning 31st December 2022, the following will no longer be available:
- Replacement parts and repair services for StorSimple 8000/1200 hardware. However, your data will still be accessible.
- Software updates for StorSimple 8000/1200 devices.
- Customer support resources (phone, email, web).
What actions should I take?
To avoid service disruptions, retire your StorSimple 8000/1200 series devices. Learn more about migrating to Azure File Sync. In the next few months we will provide migration options on Azure.