Azure Image Builder Service now generally available
Published date: 30 June, 2021
Azure Image Builder service offers unification and simplification for your image building process across Azure and Azure Stack with an automated image building pipeline. Whether you want to build Windows or Linux virtual machine images, you can use existing image security configurations to build compliant images for your organisation and patch existing custom images using Linux commands or Windows Update. Azure Image Builder supports images from multiple Linux distributions, Azure Marketplace and Windows Virtual Desktop environments and you can build images for specialised VM sizes, such as creating images for GPU VMs.
Several key VM Image Builder capabilities are available in preview:
- Create and customise secure and compliant VM images with global distribution and management.
- Patching existing custom images.
- Hybrid image building for Azure and Azure Stack.
- Azure DevOps integration for integration with new or existing build pipelines.
- Image creation support for Windows Virtual Desktop environment.
- Integration in Azure with VNET connectivity and Enterprise networking options to deploy the image builder without a Public IP address.