Azure Arc for Servers in Public Preview
Published date: 04 November, 2019
Hundreds of millions of Azure resources are organised, governed and secured daily by customers using Azure Resource Manager. Azure Resource Manager is the control plane in Azure that provides robust deployment, management and governance capabilities with Azure Shell, Azure Portal, API, role-based access control (RBAC) and Azure Policy for all Azure resources.
Azure Arc enables a range of customer benefits, including:
- Asset organisation and inventory of Windows and Linux Servers, Kubernetes clusters and Azure services with a unified view in the Azure Portal and API
- Universal governance of customer resources through Azure Policy
- Standardised role-based access control (RBAC) across systems and different types of resources
- Enable application owners to apply and audit their applications to meet compliance requirements
- Ability to measure and remediate compliance at scale and down to the individual application, server or cluster
Visit the Azure Arc webpage and Docs page and ready Julia White’s Ignite Day 1 blog to learn more.