Azure API Management extension for Visual Studio Code now generally available
Published date: 03 March, 2021
Use the Azure API Management extension to perform common management operations on your Azure API Management service instances without switching away from Visual Studio Code. This release allows you to use familiar tooling, leveraging a design first approach to API development while taking advantage of API Management capabilities not found outside of Visual Studio Code.
Key capabilities include:
- Managing and testing APIs in API Management.
- Editing and debugging API Management policies.
- Integrating with the Extractor tool in the DevOps resource kit, allowing you to extract configurations of an API into a set of ARM templates.
- Importing Azure Functions, Azure App Service and Open API Specifications into API Management.
- Generating Azure Functions based on API definitions