Azure DDoS Protection pricing Preview
Protect your Azure resources from denial of service threats
DDoS Protection is available in preview. During this period, there will be no charge associated with usage of this service.
The DDoS Protection service will have a fixed monthly price plus a data processing fee. This price includes protection for fixed number of resources and a reduced rate for Azure Application Gateway Web Application Firewall. The fixed price applies to a fixed number of protected resource types across all customer subscriptions.
Customers will be contacted with updated pricing information 30 days prior to the start of general availability (GA).
Support & SLA
- During the preview period, no SLA will be provided for this service.
- Support for this service will be provided via normal help and support channels in the Azure Portal.
- Resources are counted at the enrolment level. Customers will purchase DDoS protection for a single subscription and Microsoft will apply the charge to all subscriptions belonging to the enrolment. We will share additional information around the mapping process when the service is generally available.
- A resource is a public IP attached to an internet-as-a-service (IaaS) virtual machine, LoadBalancer, Application Gateway cluster, Service Fabric or an IaaS based network virtual appliance (NVA). Additional protected resources may be added in the future.
- Data processing for the above protected resources is egress bandwidth from any virtual machine on the DDoS protected virtual network. The total amount of egress bandwidth across those virtual machines is aggregated and used for billing purposes. Egress traffic to the internet is calculated. Traffic within the virtual network, across virtual networks, or traffic to ExpressRoute or VPN Gateway is not counted. The data processing charge reflects compute and storage resources required to analyse and store application traffic patterns for historical analysis. Data processing charges allow for a pricing model that scales as your application scales or to have lower overall charges for development or test environments that they wish to protect.
Estimate your monthly costs for Azure services
Review Azure pricing frequently asked questions
Learn more about Azure DDoS Protection
Review technical tutorials, videos, and more resources