Get HDD/SSD durability, scalability, availability, and security you need for all your workloads—from mission-critical workloads to test scenarios. Use Ultra SSD when you need sub-millisecond latency and extremely scalable performance; Premium SSD high-performance disk storage for production workloads; and Standard SSD for cost-effective and consistent performance.Try Azure Ultra SSD for your most demanding workloads
Select the disk type and size needed for your workload, and Azure will create and manage the disks for you. Easily upgrade from Azure Standard HDD to Premium SSD as your requirements evolve.
Scalable disks for your virtual machines
Create thousands of managed disks simultaneously, in minutes, with a single Azure subscription. Use VM Scale Sets to deploy a single large cluster for your cloud-native workloads. Scale up your SSD storage capacity without compromising performance, using disk sizes up to 64 TiB.
Highly durable and available
Azure Disks are designed for 99.999-percent availability and have consistently delivered enterprise-grade durability with an industry-leading zero-percent annualized failure rate. Take advantage of our single instance virtual machine SLA of 99.9 percent with Premium Disks. Learn more.
The Azure Disk Storage advantage
- Run mission-critical applications or work with dev/test scenarios. The Azure Disk Storage portfolio can meet your diverse virtual machine workload requirements.
- Rely on proven options. Azure disks offer cross-platform support for Linux and Windows, and end-to-end integration with trusted Microsoft and leading third-party applications, including custom application images.
- Reduce your migration risks. A range of cost-effective disk offerings helps you easily migrate Microsoft or third-party applications to Azure with certified lift-and-shift deployment solutions.
- Tap into a broader community. A rich partner ecosystem is already using Azure disks to help organizations protect their data and assist with disaster recovery.
Ultra SSD: sub-millisecond latency with ultra-scalable performance
For your most demanding, data-intensive workloads, Ultra SSDs deliver unprecedented and extremely scalable performance with sub-millisecond latency.
- Choose a disk size from 4 GiB to 64 TiB
- Achieve optimal performance per disk, even at low storage capacities.
Take control of disk performance without restarting your virtual machines, with a flexible and innovative architecture featuring:
- Throughput from 1 MB to 2,000 MB per second.
- IOPS from 100 to 160,000.
Support your digital transformation with disk storage ideally suited for next-generation, data-driven applications, such as: SAP HANA, SQL Server, transaction-heavy workloads, complex analytical modeling, gaming, rendering, and low queue-depth databases.
Standard SSD: cost-effective and consistent performance
For a cost-effective disk offering that can work with any Azure VM, and that’s designed to provide consistent latency for low-IOPS workloads, deploy Standard SSDs.
- Improve reliability and scalability for your applications.
- Deliver lower latency compared to Standard HDDs.
- Experience the same industry-leading durability and availability you expect from Azure Disk Storage.
Standard SSDs can support diverse workloads, such as web servers, low-IOPS application servers, lightly-used enterprise applications, and dev/test scenarios. Upgrade to Premium SSDs for more demanding and latency-sensitive workloads.
Standard HDD: low-cost storage for infrequent data access
Use Azure Standard HDD Managed Disks for noncritical workloads that require infrequent access to your data and when you don’t need production-level performance. Attach Standard HDD disks to any Azure VM to achieve cloud scale for your development and test scenarios, at cost-efficient price points.
Standard HDD Managed Disks can also be used for backup and archiving applications.
Customers using Azure Disk Storage
Cure for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s draws closer with neuron simulation boosted by cloud-based GPUs.
Mobile Industry Joins the Era of Collaborative Economy and Augmented Reality with Azure.