Windows 11 is now generally available on Azure Virtual Desktop
Publicatiedatum: 05 oktober, 2021
Azure Virtual Desktop has become a popular cloud VDI platform to run desktops and apps in the cloud and deliver a full Windows experience to users virtually anywhere, and now we are announcing the launch of Windows 11.
- Azure Virtual Desktop still provides exclusive support for multi-session, an important option that helps you optimize costs by running multiple users on a single Azure virtual machine.
- Use Trusted Launch (available in preview) to enable TPM 2.0 and secure boot as part of the VM configuration to take full advantage of the security capabilities in Windows 11.
- Some higher-end graphics effects, such as transparencies, animations, and rounded corners, may require using Azure Virtual Desktop with an Azure VM with the right GPU support.
Get started from the Azure Virtual Desktop getting started wizard. You will now see Windows 11 images alongside the other images in the dropdown:
- Windows 11 Enterprise
- Windows 11 Enterprise multi-session
- Windows 11 Enterprise multi-session + Microsoft 365 Apps