General availability: Azure IoT Hub device management
Publicatiedatum: 12 december, 2016
- Scale and automation. Simple automation of routine tasks to enable management of millions of devices with a relatively small staff of operators.
- Openness and compatibility. Tailored management for a multitude of device classes, platform types, operating systems, and protocol standards.
- Context awareness. Flexible and intelligent design that accounts for the dynamic nature of manufacturing and industrial environments to preserve service reliability, machinery health, and the safety of operators and users.
- Servicing of many roles. Supports the workflows and process of IoT operators while also facilitating collaboration with other mission-critical technical and business roles.
With the November 21, 2016, general availability of Azure IoT Hub device management, both new and existing Azure IoT Hub customers will have access to these new features and functionality:
- Device twin. Use a digital representation of your physical devices to synchronize device conditions and operator configuration between the cloud and device.
- Direct methods. Apply a direct, performant action on a connected device through the cloud.
- Jobs. Broadcast and schedule device twin changes and methods to scale management operations across millions of devices.
- Queries. Create real-time, dynamic reports across device twins and jobs to attest status and health for entire device collections, whether your devices are online or offline.