Microsoft FastTrack for Azure
FastTrack for Azure is now available in the United States, Canada, and Australia.
A typical FastTrack for Azure engagement includes:
- Review and validate your onboarding requirements
- Assess your architectural needs
- Help you plan and set up the Azure platform, including Active Directory integration, subscription management, governance, network connectivity and more
- Provide tools, resources, and guidance to help you build, deploy, and manage Azure solutions that are highly available, scalable, and resilient
- Periodic check-ins to ensure deployment is on track and to remove blockers
- Match you with highly specialised and skilled partners
Frequently Asked Questions
FastTrack for Azure is currently available to select Azure customers located in the United States, Canada and Australia.
FastTrack for Azure is available to customers that satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Located in the United States, Canada or Australia. English-only.
- Have an Azure project of minimum USD $60,000 per year or equivalent in local currency.
- Not supported by a “Microsoft Cloud Solution Architect”
- Need to setup, configure, build and deploy one of the FastTrack supported Azure solutions
The length of engagement varies depending on your needs. During preview, eligible customers may use FastTrack services for one or more of the below Azure solutions for the duration of their project:
- Development and test
- Backup and archive
- Disaster recovery
- Line of business applications (database migration, app modernisation, app “lift and shift”)
FastTrack for Azure is currently in preview. We intend to expand to other Azure solutions in the future. For the solution roadmap, visit the Azure roadmap.
FastTrack for Azure is included as an Azure service benefit for eligible customers.
The following are the main phases within a typical FastTrack for Azure engagement:
Identify key stakeholders, validate onboarding requirements and assess architectural needs.
Plan and set up your Azure platform, including Active Directory integration, subscription management, governance, network connectivity and more.
Learn design principles for building applications, review architecture of applications and solutions and receive guidance in deployment from proof of concept (PoC) to production.
We will provide periodic check-ins to ensure deployment is on track and to assist with any other onboarding and deployment needs, for you or for your Azure partner.
If you are already working with a partner, the FastTrack team will work closely with that partner to ensure they have the resources they need. If you are not already working with a partner, we offer you the opportunity to be connected to a FastTrack for Azure partner to assist with a wide range of partner services.
Customer benefits from completing the FastTrack for Azure engagement include:
- Set up Azure platform to successfully build Azure solutions
- Feel more confident and knowledgeable about Azure
- Accelerate deployment of Azure solutions to production
Yes. FastTrack for Azure is available to eligible customers in both Azure commercial cloud and Microsoft Azure Government cloud.
Please contact your account executive for more information or if you would like to be nominated for the preview. For additional information, visit FastTrack.Microsoft.com.
FastTrack is a programme included as part of a high-usage customer’s Azure project, defined as minimum $60,000 per year. FastTrack provides Azure customers resources, tools and experts (Microsoft engineers and partners) to help deploy Azure solutions into production. Activate Azure is a 4-day onsite engagement with a Microsoft Services Engineer aimed at deploying the initial, low-friction Azure workload through proof-of-concepts. A customer eligible for FastTrack should not need Activate Azure. For more information, please work with your account team to determine which programme is the best option for you.
If you are eligible for FastTrack for Azure, you should not need Activate Azure. For customers not eligible for FastTrack for Azure, Activate Azure will be valuable for proof-of-concepts of initial Azure workloads.
FastTrack for Azure will aim to proactively engage and work with a partner or MCS in every account. If you already have a partner or MCS relationship, we will work closely with them. If you do not have a partner in the account, we will provide leads to FastTrack for Azure partners. We will also offer up to USD $15,000 toward the partner or MCS statement of work, to assist with production deployment of FastTrack supported solutions.
Contact your account executive for more information or if you would like to be nominated for the preview.