Azure Migration Program
Save money and bring your workloads to Azure with confidence. Use best-practice guidance, direct access to Azure engineers, tools and subsidised partner services.
Get the right help at every stage of your cloud migration: join for free
Simplify your move to the cloud with best-practice guidance, direct access to Azure engineers and subsidised partner services. Complete the form to join on your own or be nominated by a Microsoft team or partner. We will get back to you with the right combination of resources for your needs.
Make your migration a success with curated resources and offers
- Count on a proven methodology. Get step-by-step guidance for infrastructure and data migration through the Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure.
- Get free cloud migration tools from Azure to plan, optimise and move your workloads if you are migrating on your own.
- Gain new skills with learning courses on using Azure and specific migration topics—there are courses for everyone from beginners to experts.
- Access in-depth assistance before, during and after your migration, including help finding a specialised migration partner with the right expertise for your business case.
- Support for open source and a wide range of workloads, including Windows Server, SQL Server, Linux and VMware.
- Qualify for direct support from Azure engineers and special offers to help offset your migration costs.
Flexible to meet your unique needs
Move your infrastructure, databases and applications on your own timeline
Use the migration partner of your choice or get connected with a partner who specialises in migration
Get the specific security, governance, data and networking design guidance you need for your use case
Cost-effective to meet your budget
Qualify for Azure credits to offset the cost of your migration test environment while you turn off your old servers
Receive subsidised partner cloud migration services for assessment and migration
Learn cloud skills with Azure technical training through Microsoft Learn and accredited partners
High confidence with hands-on technical assistance
Get direct access to Microsoft FastTrack for Azure engineers to help you plan your cloud migration and build out your architecture
Work with specialised migration partners who can address your unique needs
Continue to get support even after your migration is complete
Get help implementing a cloud migration strategy that fits your business
Learn more about the Azure Migration Program from Microsoft Corporate Vice Presidents Julia White and Corey Sanders—including why Azure is the best home for Windows and SQL Server.
"The migration to the cloud was more about the mindset in the organization and that transformation we needed to do in IT to become the driver of change in the company instead of maintaining the old. A big part of the migration was to reinvent the digital for the company."Mark Dajani, CIO, Carlsberg Group
"For our cloud journey, we were looking to engage in an emphatic relationship…and Microsoft was the only partner who was prepared to walk side by side with us."Ben Williams, CIO, Devon Energy
"The Azure Migration Program is a great accelerant to our customers' initial step into the cloud. It lets us get those initial workloads and VMs migrated and demonstrate how this new operating model is going to work. Then, we can work to get the rest of their organization aligned around that new model and begin to onboard more and more workloads."Alex Brown, CEO, 10th Magnitude
Azure Migration programme FAQs
What are the benefits of the Azure Migration programme?
The Azure Migration programme helps accelerate your journey to the cloud by providing the following benefits:
- Best-practice resources and guidance
- Technical skill building
- Azure engineering support
- Specialized migration partners
- Migration tools
- Offers for reducing migration costs
Which geographic regions are supported?
The Azure Migration programme is available to all Azure customers. The programme offers direct assistance to customers in the following supported geographic areas: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Guatemala, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Myanmar, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela and Vietnam. Expansion to other regions is being planned and will be announced closer to the launch dates. Local language coverage is dependent on resource availability.
Am I eligible to join the Azure Migration programme?
The Azure Migration Program is available to all Azure customers through self-nomination or nomination on a customer's behalf from a partner or Microsoft account team.
How do I join the Azure Migration programme?
- Contact us: Start by submitting a simple form telling us about your migration project.
- Find out more: After you submit the form, Microsoft will assemble a mix of resources and advise you on the next steps.
- Migrate and maximize your ROI: Microsoft will help you to assess and migrate your environment. In addition, we will provide you with resources to optimise your costs and secure your environment for ongoing success with Azure.
How much does the Azure Migration programme cost?
There is no additional cost for the Azure Migration Program for Azure customers.
How does the Azure Migration programme work with partners?
Microsoft believes that every customer can benefit from using Azure and should engage with a migration partner on this journey. We will either provide you with resources directly or match you with a migration partner if you don't already have one.