Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme
Get the right mix of expert help you need to set up your cloud environment and move forward with confidence.
Let us move forward together—with confidence. Get help at every step.
Watch this video to learn about the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme. Discover how to get technical training, resources for best practices, and support at every stage with a proven approach, unique cost-saving offers, and step-by-step cloud migration guidance from Azure engineers and expert Azure migration partners.
Join the thousands of other customers who have simplified and accelerated their cloud journeys with the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme.
Use a proven, end-to-end approach for all your needs
Migrate and modernise your apps, data and infrastructure using proven cloud migration tools and patterns.
Optimise costs and drive sustainable outcomes
Reduce your migration costs: Get matched with unique offers and incentives based on your need and where you are in your journey.
Support environmentally sustainable outcomes while driving operational efficiencies when you migrate from on premises to the cloud.
See how customers are thriving by moving to Azure
American Cancer Society moves to the cloud using the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme
Discover how the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme helped the American Cancer Society migrate to the cloud and save costs.
Top pizza chain slices through data recovery spend with Azure
Hear how Boston Pizza decreased its data recovery spend by 30 percent and reduced its data recovery time from 30 days to just a few hours by moving its datacentre and several branch offices to Azure.
British Council optimises costs to digitally transform using the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme
Learn how the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme supported the British Council with an accelerated move to the cloud to minimise disruption for students around the world.
How the University of Leicester enabled remote learning in a global crisis
Watch how the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme enabled the University of Leicester to deploy remote learning under tight time constraints and protect revenue and operations.
Sustainability-focused Swedavia soars to the cloud with Azure
Watch how Swedavia cut server costs by about 40 percent and furthered its environmental and sustainability initiatives by migrating to Azure.
Planzer migrates 200 servers to Azure, saving time, space, and money
Learn how Planzer modernised all of its costly, outdated on-premises servers with Azure in just seven months, significantly reducing its datacentre rooms and racks.
Get the help you need to simplify your cloud migration and modernisation journey
Self-guided digital support
- Immediate access to curated resources designed to support your migration and modernisation efforts.
- A conversation with an Azure sales specialist to help answer questions about Azure, migration and modernisation.
- Guidance on next steps and which cloud migration and modernisation tools and resources to use
- Technical training through Microsoft Learn and accredited partners to build cloud skills with Azure.
- Expert help from FastTrack for Azure engineers and specialised partners
- Assistance with planning and designing your project and moving your workloads to Azure
- Offers to help offset your migration costs (based on eligibility)
- Access to Azure technical training and certifications tailored to your organisation's needs
Note: Guided deployments have a minimum project size to qualify
Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme FAQs
What are the benefits of the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme?
The Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme helps accelerate your cloud migration and modernisation process through a variety of benefits, including:
- Best practices, resources and guidance.
- Technical skill building.
- Azure engineering support.
- Specialised partners.
- Cloud migration and modernisation tools.
- Unique offers for reducing migration costs.
Which geographic regions are supported?
The Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme is available to Azure customers world-wide. Local language coverage is dependent on resource availability.
Am I eligible to join the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme?
The Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme is available to all Azure customers through self-nomination or nomination on a customer’s behalf from a partner or Microsoft account team.
How do I join the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme?
- Contact us: Start by submitting a simple form telling us about your migration or modernisation project.
- Find out more: After you submit the form, Microsoft will assemble a mix of resources and advise you on the next steps.
- Migrate and modernise to maximise your ROI: Microsoft will help you to assess and deploy your environment. In addition, we'll provide you with cloud migration and modernisation tools and resources to optimise your costs and help secure your environment for ongoing success with Azure.
How much does the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme cost?
There’s no additional cost for the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme for Azure customers.
How does the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme work with partners?
Microsoft believes that engaging with an expert partner on your cloud journey is the best way to make the most of your Azure investment. Depending on your needs, through the programme you will work either directly with Azure or be matched with an expert Azure migration partner if you don't already have one. Partners are either expert managed service providers or advanced specialisation partners.