Stream Analytics Pricing
A real-time stream processing service in the cloud
Azure Stream Analytics is an event-processing engine in the cloud that uncovers insights from devices, sensors, cloud infrastructure and applications in real-time. With out-of-the-box integration to Event Hubs, the combined solution can ingest millions of events and do analytics to better understand patterns, power a dashboard or kick off an action while data is being streamed in real time.
The India Regions are available to customers with a business presence in India.
The India Regions are available to customers with a business presence in India. The West India data centre is currently only available to select volume licensing customers and partners. For more information, contact your Microsoft India partner manager or account manager.
Azure Government is available to US government entities to purchase physically and network isolated instances of Azure Government from a Licensed Azure Government Service Provider or Partner with no up-front financial commitment or fee. Or, you can sign up for a free Azure Government Trial.
Important: The price in R$ is merely a reference; this is an international transaction and the final price is subject to exchange rates and the inclusion of IOF taxes and an eNF will not be issued.
Azure Germany is available to customers and partners in the European Union (EU) and European Free Trade Association (EFTA) and provides data residency in Germany with additional levels of control and data protection with a modest price uplift over global cloud offerings (% varies per service).
Stream Analytics is not available in the South India region. Please select another region.
Stream Analytics is not available in the Canada East region. Please select another region.
Stream Analytics is not available in the Canada Central region. Please select another region.
Stream Analytics is not available in the UK West region. Please select another region.
Stream Analytics is not available in the UK South region. Please select another region.
Stream Analytics is not available in the West US 2 region. Please select another region.
Stream Analytics is not available in the West Central US region. Please select another region.
Stream Analytics is priced by volume of data processed and the number of streaming units required to process it.
|Volume of data processed by the streaming job||$0.001/GB|
|Streaming Unit (blended measure of CPU, memory, throughput)||$0.031/hr|
Support and SLA
- We provide technical support for all Azure services released to General Availability, including Stream Analytics, through Azure Support, starting at $29.0/month. Billing and subscription management support is provided at no cost.
- SLA: We guarantee at least 99.9% availability of the Stream Analytics API. We guarantee that 99.9% of the time, deployed Stream Analytics jobs will be either processing data or available to process data. To learn more about the SLA, please visit the SLA page.
- What does “volume of data processed” mean? The actual amount of data processed by a streaming job. Depending on the query, the same input event may be read one or more times from the event source which typically occurs when a query has multiple outputs and/or the same input is referenced multiple times. When this happens, you will incur additional data volume charges each time the event is read from the event source.
- What is a streaming unit?
A streaming unit is a unit of compute capacity with a maximum throughput of 1 MB/s. Streaming Units are selected by the customer through the Azure portal or Stream Analytics management APIs. Streaming Units can be used to scale out a job in order to achieve higher throughput. Depending on the complexity of the query and the throughput required, more streaming units may be necessary to achieve your performance requirements.
Streaming units are billed hourly, based on the maximum number of units selected during this hour.
- What factors will impact the price of a streaming job? The primary factors that will impact the price of a streaming job are query complexity, the rate of return (latency) required for the query and the volume of data processed.
- Is there a limit on the number of streaming units that can be selected? No. There is a default quota of 50 streaming units per region in a single subscription. You can request a larger number of streaming units by filing a support ticket.
- Are Event Hubs required to run a streaming job? Event Hubs are recommended as a scalable event broker to be used with your stream analytics solution; however Stream Analytics also currently supports pulling data in from Azure Blobs. In the future, Microsoft may look at integrating with other input sources.