New release of the Microsoft Threat Modeling Tool
Published date: 30 January, 2019
Version 7.1.60126.1 of the Microsoft Threat Modeling Tool was released on January 29, 2019. It contains the following changes:
- The minimum required version of .NET increased to 4.7.1.
- The minimum required version of Windows increased to Windows 10 Anniversary Update due to the .NET dependency.
- A model validation toggle feature was added to the tool's Options menu.
- Several links in the threat properties were updated.
- Minor UX changes were made to the tool's home screen.
- The Threat Modeling Tool now inherits the TLS settings of the host operating system and is supported in environments that require TLS 1.2 or later.
The tool is available to download as a ClickOnce application. Documentation and full release notes are available in Azure Docs.