Public preview: Log Analytics workspace insights from Azure Monitor
Published date: 25 May, 2021
Azure Monitor Logs is a feature of Azure Monitor that collects and organizes log and performance data from monitored resources. Data collected by Azure Monitor Logs is stored in one or more Log Analytics workspaces. The workspace defines the geographic location of the data, access rights defining which users can access data, and configuration settings such as the pricing tier and data retention.
Today, we are launching a public preview of Log Analytics workspace insights, which provides a comprehensive view of your workspaces through a unified view of your workspace usage, performance, health, agent, queries, and change logs.
Key insights available as part of the preview:
- What are the top tables – those that most data is ingested to?
- Which resource send most logs to your workspace?
- How much time does it take for your logs to reach the workspace? How does it splits between the agent and the ingestion pipeline?
- How many agents are connected to the workspace? Are they healthy?
- Query auditing – how many queries are run on your workspace? What are their response codes and duration time?
- Identifying slow and inefficient queries that need overload your workspace.
- Tracking a change log of workspace settings – who set a daily cap, when retention changed etc.