General availability: Standard network features for Azure NetApp Files
Published date: 12 September, 2022
We are announcing the general availability of standard network features for Azure NetApp Files volumes. Standard network features provide you with an enhanced, and consistent virtual networking experience along with security posture for Azure NetApp Files.
You are now able to choose between standard or basic network features while creating a new Azure NetApp Files volume:
- Basic provide the current functionality, limited scale, and features.
- Standard provides the following new features for Azure NetApp Files volumes or delegated subnets:
- Increased IP limits for Vnets with Azure NetApp Files volumes. This is at par with VMs to enable you to provision Azure NetApp File volumes in your existing topologies or architectures. This eliminates the need to rearchitect network topologies to use Azure NetApp Files for workloads like VDI, AVD, or AKS.
- Enhanced network security with support for network security groups (NSG) on the Azure NetApp Files delegated subnet.
- Enhanced network control with support for user-defined routes (UDR) to and from Azure NetApp Files delegated subnets. You can now direct traffic to and from Azure NetApp Files via your choice of network virtual appliances for traffic inspection.
- Connectivity over active or active VPN gateway setup for highly available connectivity to Azure NetApp Files from on-premises network.
- ExpressRoute FastPath connectivity to Azure NetApp Files. FastPath improves the data path performance between on-premises network and Azure Virtual Network.
This general availability for standard network features is currently in20 regions and will rollout to other regions.
- Billing will be applicable for global peering only and will be billed according to the Azure pricing guidelines found here - Virtual Network Pricing | Microsoft Azure.
- You can use this feature for free until October 1, 2022. Regular billing begins after.