Azure API Management update—December 2019
Updated: 17 December, 2019
A regular Azure API Management service update was started on December 4, 2019, which included the following new features, bug fixes, and changes, along with other improvements.
- Multiple custom domains for API gateway (proxy) are now allowed in the Developer tier of the service. This lets you configure your API Management service in the Developer tier before you upgrade it to the Premium tier.
- Backend entity now supports a wildcard “*” URL in the properties.url field. A wildcard backend entity will match every backend hostname that doesn’t have its own backend entity.
By creating a wildcard backend entity with properties.tls.validateCertificateName set to true, you can turn on hostname validation on all existing and future APIs that don’t have an associated specific backend entity.
- You can now delete media files in the new developer portal.
- Users with non-alphanumeric characters in their IDs can now sign into the new developer portal.
- “signInTenant” setting is now properly set when registering a new AAD provider (for example, through the Identities tab in the Azure portal).
New developer portal follows an independent release lifecycle and the per-release changelog is available on GitHub.