General availability: Azure Container Instances
Published date: 25 April, 2018
Azure Container Instances is generally available, with a decreased price, an improved Azure portal experience, new features, and expanded regions. Learn more about the GA news in the blog announcement and the documentation site.
To support new use cases and longer running workloads, Azure Container Instances will have simpler and more efficient pricing, starting on July 1, 2018. Learn more on the pricing page.
New price (US West)
Old price (Global)
$0.0025 per instance created
vCPU per second
Memory (GB) per second
Improved Azure portal experience
- Deploy containers with advanced options such as restart policies, environment variables, and commands to execute.
- Monitor CPU and memory utilization of Linux containers from the overview pane.
- View individual container events, logs, and properties from the dedicated containers pane.
New features and region
- Execute (EXEC) a command directly in your container to launch an interactive shell.
- Monitor CPU and memory utilization of Linux containers through Azure Monitor.
- The uptime SLA is 99.9% for any container group.
- North Europe is live, bringing availability to six regions: West US, West US 2, East US, North Europe, West Europe, and Southeast Asia.