Enabling productivity and innovation for more than 2 million apps and sites on Azure
Quickly build, deploy, and scale web apps and APIs on your terms. Work with .NET, .NET Core, Node.js, Java, Python, or PHP in containers, or running on Windows or Linux. Meet rigorous, enterprise-grade performance, and security and compliance requirements with a trusted, fully managed service that handles more than 60 billion requests per day.
Fully managed service with built-in infrastructure maintenance, security patching, and scaling
Built-in continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) and zero-downtime deployments
Rigorous security and compliance standards, including SOC and PCI, for seamless deployments in the cloud, in Azure Government, and on premises
Quickly build web apps and APIs in the cloud
- Bring your code or container using the framework language of your choice.
- Run on Kubernetes, anywhere across Azure, on-premises, and any CNCF-conformant Kubernetes cluster through Azure Arc.
- Increase developer productivity with tight integration of Visual Studio Code and Visual Studio.
- Streamline CI/CD with Git, GitHub, GitHub Actions, Atlassian Bitbucket, Azure DevOps, Docker Hub, and Azure Container Registry.
- Reduce downtime and minimize risk for app updates by using deployment slots.
Scale web apps on an enterprise-grade service
- Get high availability with a service-level agreement (SLA)-backed uptime of 99.95 percent.
- Simplify operations with automatic platform maintenance and security patching.
- Help protect your applications with Azure Web Application Firewall, and connect through virtual network integration.
- Deploy isolated web app instances with a single-tenancy model. Use App Service Environment v3 to enforce network access external to your applications.
- Use Azure Active Directory and other popular identity providers to authenticate and authorize app access.
- Scale globally across all Azure regions.
Focus investment on app innovation, not on managing infrastructure
Read a commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Microsoft that finds Azure PaaS delivers 228 percent ROI over 3 years, with a 15-month payback period.1
1 Source: The Total Economic Impact™ of Microsoft Azure PaaS, Forrester Consulting, November 2022.
Quickly build web apps and APIs in the cloud
Use App Service to bring the best of Azure to your web app.
Simplify operations with built-in monitoring
- Perform intelligent and interactive, live troubleshooting with App Service diagnostics.
- View application performance and health using Azure Monitor and Application Insights to make decisions faster.
- Build real-time views of application resource usage with Azure Monitor and configure alerts to notify you of unexpected conditions.
- Gain deeper insights into your app’s throughput, response time, downstream dependencies, and error trends using Application Insights.
Comprehensive security and compliance, built in
Microsoft invests more than USD$1 billion annually on cybersecurity research and development.
We employ more than 3,500 security experts who are dedicated to data security and privacy.
Flexible pricing options to fit your needs
Build web apps, services, and RESTful APIs with Azure App Service, a fully managed web hosting service. A range of plans help meet the needs of any application, from small websites to globally scaled web applications.
Reserved instances offer savings of up to 55 percent compared to pay-as-you-go pricing. Plus, run web apps on your own Kubernetes infrastructure (in preview).
Get started with an Azure free account
After your credit, move to pay as you go to keep building with the same free services. Pay only if you use more than your free monthly amounts.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Developer documentation, sample code, and app development resources
Build with .NET
App Service is the only managed service built from the ground up to support .NET workloads.
Create an ASP.NET app in Azure
Explore step-by-step guidance for migrating .NET apps to Azure
Use the .NET Portability Analyzer to analyze assemblies for .NET Core
Convert your .NET code to .NET Core with .NET Core porting guidance
Use built-in cross-origin resource sharing support for RESTful APIs
Configure Node.js apps for App Service
Build browser-based .NET apps with Blazor
Learn how Azure can help achieve scalability, optimize costs, increase operational efficiencies, improve security, and ship new features faster.
Read the success stories of five companies that enhanced customer experiences by modernizing their web apps with Azure App Service.
Frequently asked questions about App Service
App Service runs web and API apps at scale while working seamlessly with other first- or third-party solutions to meet the requirements of the app solution you envision.