How to buy Azure Government
Determine whether you’re eligible for Azure Government – a cloud platform available to US federal, state, local or tribal government entities and their solution providers – or apply for a free trial.
There are different purchase options, depending on the size and needs of your organisation. Azure Government may be available as a Pay-As-You-Go subscription, through a Cloud Solution Provider or as an Enterprise Agreement.
Ways to Pay
Cloud Solution Providers
Partner with a Cloud Solution Provider who can build custom plans to meet your needs. Receive a single bill for both your Azure Government usage and any additional services. This programme serves the US public sector where partners build, deploy and manage solutions on behalf of government entities.
Lock in your price for up to three years with an Enterprise Agreement. As an existing customer, easily add Azure Government to your agreement and enjoy annual billing capabilities. Contact a licensing partner for more information.
- Federal agency (a bureau, department or other US government entity)
- State or local entity
- Tribal entity
- Regional or interstate government
- Federally Funded Research and Development Centers
- Provides services or solutions to US government customers through direct or indirect contracts
- Serves US government customers through GSA or other contracts
- International Traffic in Arms
- Controlled Unclassified Information
- Department of Defense Unclassified Controlled Nuclear Information (UCNI)
- Department of Energy
- Criminal Justice Information
- Department of Defense Impact Level Data
- Other data that require Azure Government
If your organisation is an international commercial entity, you may be able to purchase Azure Government through your US subsidiary, but regulated data could be needed to qualify.
To see whether Azure Government can serve your agency, please view the eligibility requirements on this page, or apply for a free trial. There are four ways to sign-up, depending on your agency’s needs:
- Pay-as-you-go subscription
- Cloud Solution Provider
- Enterprise Agreement
- Licensing Service Provider
Learn more about Azure Government procurement.
Two kinds of certified partners are ready to help you get started:
Cloud Solution Provider
Cloud Solution Providers are able to build, deploy and manage solutions on your behalf. They can also provide billing flexibility and help you in the purchase process. Find a Cloud Solution Provider.
Licensing Service Provider
Licensing Solution Providers know how to procure and manage licensing and cloud services. They understand the government cloud ecosystem and can support you in acquiring an Enterprise Agreement for Azure Government. Find a Licensing Solution Provider.
If your trial is about to expire, consider purchasing Azure Government through the Pay-As-You-Go option. Scale up or down on the fly and only pay for what you use. There are no minimums and it’s easy to cancel at any time.
If you have an existing Enterprise Agreement, add Azure Government as an additional service.
- If you’re already enrolled on one payment option, you can later move to another plan that better suits your needs.
Explore the innovative services offered in your region.
Contact a licensing partner or estimate your monthly bill.
Learn how Azure Government is serving new Department of Defense regions and customers.
Azure and Azure Government Starter Packs for GSA IT Schedule 70
Get up and running quickly with common cloud workloads. Find implementation guidance and essential services included in each starter pack, now available to our government customers.
To purchase these starter packs, contact a Licensing Solution Provider or your Microsoft account representative.
Data centre migration
Get services and support for a successful data centre migration to Azure Government in this starter pack. Find helpful resources and learn how to:
- Transform legacy apps into cloud solutions with the support of subject matter experts.
- Use Azure as a primary or secondary data centre for expansion and growth.
- Migrate existing managed services from a colocation facility to Azure.
Deliver features faster with development and testing in Azure Government. Get a packaged dev-test environment in your choice of three sizes – small, medium or large – in this starter pack.
Quickly create consistent development and test environments with a scalable, on-demand infrastructure. Collaborate with your team and deploy at cloud speed using a comprehensive set of development and testing tools.
Websites and apps
Find implementation guidance for common website and application development needs. Get started developing these and other assets in this Azure Government starter pack:
- Task-based consumer mobile apps
- Simple digital marketing websites
- Social mobile and web apps with authentication
SQL Server cloud resiliency
Find services and support for a proof of concept for an Internet-of-Things (IoT) solution to manage devices on any platform, mine data using real-time analytics solutions and deliver these insights across your organisation. Use this Azure starter pack to:
- Connect and monitor devices with remote monitoring.
- Improve industrial efficiencies with connected facilities.
- Increase equipment reliability with predictive maintenance.
- Develop and test your IoT solution with device simulations.
Bot services with translation
Save time and money by decreasing the need for human intervention and using bots to automate answers to common customer questions. See how to use bots and artificial intelligence to automate customer service in this Azure starter pack. Enable cross-language communication with non-English speaking customers using the Translation Service.
We’re happy to help you learn more about Azure Government services, regions, purchasing and eligibility.