Azure SQL Data Warehouse: November 2015 update
Опубликовано 2 декабря 2015 г.
This post summarizes the new features released in Azure SQL Data Warehouse in November. To read more, see the November update for Azure SQL Data Warehouse blog post. Please note that in addition to the following improvements, we’ve added Data Auditing and Transparent Data Encryption.
- PolyBase - Added support for reading, writing, and querying Parquet files, improved error messages for rejected rows via PolyBase imports, and fixed an issue where credentials would not be refreshed when dropping or re-creating an external table.
- SQL features - Changed default table indexes to Clustered ColumnStore indexes, added support for RENAME OBJECT, and added more DMVs for performance troubleshooting.
- Security - Added support for threat detection within Data Auditing, enabling users to detect anomalous activities and suspicious events.
- Backups - Moved to SQL Server 2016 snapshot mechanism to minimize impact on user workloads for backups.
- Performance and stability - Fixed a defect that could cause uneven data loading in round robin tables, fixed a connection issue for long running queries, and made pause, resume, and scaling operation stability improvements.