Azure SQL Database introduces new Basic, Standard, and Premium previews
Опубликовано 24 апреля 2014 г.
Azure SQL Database introduces two new service tiers, Basic and Standard, to join Premium, which is already in preview. The Web and Business service editions will be retired in 12 months. The new tiers help deliver predictable performance across six performance levels for lightweight to heavyweight transactional application demands. Additionally, the new tiers offer a spectrum of business continuity features, a stronger uptime service-level agreement (SLA), larger database sizes for less money, and an improved billing experience.
- Basic: Designed for applications with a light transactional workload. Performance objectives for Basic provide a predictable, hourly transaction rate.
- Standard: Standard is the go-to option for getting started with cloud-designed business applications. It offers mid-level performance and business continuity features. Performance objectives for Standard deliver predictable, per-minute transaction rates.
- Premium: Designed for mission-critical databases, Premium offers the highest performance levels and access to advanced business continuity features. Performance objectives for Premium deliver predictable, per-second transaction rates.
- Official Microsoft Azure blog
- Choosing an Azure SQL Database Service Tier
- Managing an Azure SQL Database Service Tier