Public preview: Azure Mv3 Medium Memory (MM) Virtual Machines
Date de publication : 15 août, 2023
Today we are announcing the public preview of the next generation Mv3 Medium Memory (MM) virtual machine series.
These virtual machines provide improved performance and higher reliability over previous generations.
Key features on the new Mv3 MM VMs for memory-optimized workloads:
- Powered by the 4th Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processor and DDR5 DRAM technology, the Mv3 medium memory (MM) virtual machines can scale for SAP workloads from 250GB to 4TB with faster performance and lower TCO.
- With Azure Boost, Mv3 MM provides a ~25% improvement in network throughput and up to 1.5X improvement in remote storage throughput over the previous M-series families.
- Azure Boost’s isolated architecture inherently improves security for Mv3 MM virtual machines by running storage and networking processes separately on the purpose-built hardware, instead of on the host server.
- Increased resilience against failures in memory, disks, and networking based on intelligence from past generations.
- Available in both disk and diskless offerings, allowing customers the flexibility to choose the option that best meets their workload needs.
For more information on this release, read our blog here: aka.ms/sapmv3blog