Support for Azure API Management self-hosted gateway version 0 and version 1 ends 1 October 2023
Published date: 30 September, 2022
Support for Azure API Management self-hosted gateway version 0 and version 1 ends 1 October 2023.
Version 2 of the self-hosted gateway is already available, and includes the following improvements:
- A new configuration API that removes the dependency on Azure Storage, unless you're using API inspector or quotas.
- We have introduced new container images, and new container image tags to let you choose the best way to try our gateway and deploy it in production.
If you're using version 1 and/or version 0 of the self-hosted gateway, you'll need to manually migrate both the components, container image and configuration API. Migrate your v0/v1 container images to the newest v2 image and switch the v0/v1 configuration API to the v2 configuration API.
From now through 1 October 2023, if you have existing self-hosted gateways deployment using version 0 and/or version 1, you can continue to use it normally. You can transition to your existent version 0 and/or version 1 container image and configuration API to version 2 at any point prior to 1 October 2023. After that date, the configuration API for version 0 and version 1 won't be available.
Migrate all your existing deployments of the self-hosted gateway using versions 0 and/or 1 to the newest v2 self-hosted gateway by 1 October 2023.
You can follow our migration guide for a successful migration.
After 1 October 2023, both the components of version 0 and version 1 self-hosted gateway will not be supported; i.e version 0 and version 1 of the configuration endpoint API won't be available, and version 0 and version 1 container images of the self-hosted gateway won't be supported.
Help and support
If you have questions, get answers from community experts in Microsoft Q&A. If you have a support plan and you need technical help, create a support request:
- For Issue type, select Technical.
- For Subscription, select your subscription.
- For Service, click My services, then select API Management Service.
- For Resource, select the Azure resource that you are creating a support request for.
- For Summary, type a description of your issue, e.g., "v1/v0 retirement."
- For Problem type, select Self-Hosted Gateway.
- For Problem subtype, select Administration, Configuration and Deployment.