SAP solutions on Azure
Run SAP solutions across development, testing and production scenarios in Azure.
Run the SAP solutions you already use on Azure
SAP on Azure solutions help you optimise your enterprise resource planning (ERP) in the cloud using the security features, reliability and scalable SAP-certified infrastructure of Azure.
Run your largest SAP HANA workloads on Azure. Handle transactions and analytics in-memory on a single data copy to accelerate your business processes, gain business intelligence and simplify your IT environment.
SAP HANA on Azure offers:
- On-demand M-series virtual machines (VMs) certified for SAP HANA, with scale up to 4 TB.
- Up to 6 TB memory with Mv2 VMs, the largest certified SAP HANA VMs in the public cloud.
- Purpose-built SAP HANA instances that scale up to 20 TB on a single node.
- Ability to scale out SAP HANA capabilities up to 60 TB with TDIv4, and up to 120 TB with TDIv5 authorisation.
- A 99.99-per cent service-level agreement (SLA) for large instances in a high-availability pair, and a 99.9-per cent SLA for a single SAP HANA large instance.
"By moving SAP HANA to Azure, we have been able to speed up planning cycles and accelerate delivery of finished goods to our customers. Our whole production engine can now speed up."
This intelligent ERP suite is designed specifically for in-memory computing. Whether you want to run SAP S/4HANA in a new implementation or migrate from SAP Business Suite to SAP S/4HANA, Azure has you covered.
SAP S/4HANA on Azure offers:
- Seamless connectivity for end users who need to access SAP Fiori-based applications when using Azure ExpressRoute.
- A 99.99 per cent SLA for your critical ERP instances by running all product instances of SAP S/4HANA in a high-availability pair by running in two Azure Availability Zones.
- Backup for SAP S/4HANA and SAP B/4 HANA in seconds, with a low recovery-time objective – even for multi-terabyte databases.
- Certification that SAP S/4HANA runs on SUSE Linux Enterprise and Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers. Plus, SAP HANA on Azure Virtual Machines and SAP HANA on Azure large-instance machines are certified to run SAP S/4HANA.
"We’re looking at a 40 percent reduction in ERP maintenance costs by using Azure, compared to using the closest competitor for hosting SAP S/4HANA on a cloud platform or even hosting it on premises."
Collect and connect to any data in real time with next-generation data warehouses built entirely on SAP HANA.
SAP BW/4HANA/SAP BW on HANA on Azure offers:
- Optimisation of your SAP Business Warehouse and analytics environments.
- An SAP Business Warehouse configuration that’s resilient to failures.
- Flexible scaling – SAP HANA large instances support up to 60 TB in scale-out SAP Business Warehouse configurations, with a configuration of up to 15 nodes of 4 TB instances.
- Certification that SAP BW/4HANA runs on SUSE Linux Enterprise and Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Plus, SAP HANA on Azure Virtual Machines and large instance machines are certified to run SAP BW/4HANA.
"We are running one of the largest SAP HANA business warehouses on Azure for our own business, giving us the reliable performance and agility we need for our financial reporting systems."
Develop, provision and manage your SAP and non-SAP applications across a heterogeneous software environment. SAP NetWeaver provides the foundation for operating and customising products such as SAP Business Suite, a set of fully integrated applications including SAP ERP, SAP CRM, SAP SCM and SAP SRM.
SAP NetWeaver on Azure offers:
- Cost savings and agility for non-production environments by spinning VMs on demand, as well as cost-effective storage options.
- Industry-leading SLAs for VMs running SAP NetWeaver with 99.9 per cent availability for a single VM and 99.95 per cent for VMs in an Azure Availability Zone.
- Certification that SAP NetWeaver will run on Windows, SUSE Linux Enterprise and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
"We acquired a supply-chain modeling solution, and we were able to spin up the necessary compute in Azure in literally hours. In our traditional datacenter model, that would have taken us weeks, since we would have needed to acquire and install a new server."
Run SAP S/4HANA in a managed cloud. SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud combines managed services for SAP S/4HANA and cloud infrastructure for seamless enterprise-grade sales and support.
"Our new implementation of SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud on Microsoft Azure is a significant step forward in our enterprise digital transformation. The SAP and Microsoft partnership continues to create powerful solutions that combine application management and product expertise from SAP with a global, trusted, and intelligent cloud from Microsoft Azure."
Increase control over your small business with an ERP application that captures all of your business data in a single system. Get more agility with an on-demand VM infrastructure from Azure by spinning up VMs in minutes. Lower your non-production system costs by using automation capabilities in Azure to shut down VMs.
SAP Business One on Azure offers:
- Industry-leading SLAs for virtual machines with 99.9 per cent availability for a single VM and 99.95 per cent availability for VMs in an Azure Availability Zone.
- Certification that SAP Business One will run on Azure Virtual Machines.
Get more agility with an on-demand virtual machine infrastructure from Azure by spinning up VMs in minutes. Lower your non-production system costs by using automation capabilities to shut down VMs.
SAP Hybris on Azure offers:
- Business continuity by using high availability and disaster recovery services such as Azure Backup and Azure Site Recovery.
- Industry-leading SLAs for virtual machines – 99.9 per cent availability for a single VM and 99.95 per cent availability for VMs in an availability set.
- Certification that SAP Hybris Commerce Platform 5.x and 6.x runs on Windows Server, SQL Server and Oracle databases. Plus, SAP Hybris runs on all SAP NetWeaver-certified Azure Virtual Machines.
"By running SAP Hybris on Azure at scale, we gained business agility with real-time insights into our supply chain, and we automated orders and drop shipments for our dealers across Europe."
Give developers the choice to build and extend cloud applications faster using an open platform as a service (PaaS) with integrated services.
SAP solution architectures
Read the technical SAP documentation and solution architectures to learn how to quickly design and implement highly available, performant and resilient solutions.
SAP S/4HANA on HANA Large Instances with HA and DR
This solution architecture illustrates how a user request flows through an SAP landscape built on high-performance Azure Virtual Machines and an in-memory HANA database running on HANA large instances for unparalleled scalability and performance. This system takes advantage of OS clustering for database performance, high availability using HANA system replication and a full disaster recovery (DR) configuration for guaranteed system availability.
- 1 In this example, an on-premises SAP user executes a sales order via Fiori interface, custom interface or other.
- 2 Azure high-speed express route gateway is used to connect to Azure Virtual Machines.
- 3 Request flows into highly available ABAP SAP Central Services (ASCS) and then through application servers running on Azure Virtual Machines in an availability set offering a 99.95 per cent uptime SLA.
- 4 Request is sent from App Server to SAP HANA running on primary large instance blades.
- 5 Primary and secondary blades are clustered at OS level for 99.99 per cent availability, and data replication is handled through HANA System Replication in synchronous mode (HSR) from primary to secondary enabling zero RPO.
- 6 In-memory data of SAP HANA is persisted to high-performance NFS storage.
- 7 Data from NFS storage is periodically backed up in seconds, using built-in storage snapshots on the local storage, with no impact to database performance.
- 8 Persistent data volume on secondary storage is replicated to dedicated DR system through a dedicated backbone network for HANA storage replication.
- 9 Large instance on DR side can be used for non-production to save costs by mounting both the QA storage and DR replicated volume (read-only).
SAP S/4HANA VM on Linux
This SAP S/4HANA on Azure VM solution architecture illustrates how a user request flows through an SAP landscape built using high-performance Azure Virtual Machines and in-memory SAP HANA databases running on Azure Virtual Machines for unparalleled scalability and performance. This system takes advantage of Linux OS clustering for high availability, premium storage for performance, data replication for high availability via HANA System Replication (HSR) and a full disaster recovery (DR) configuration for guaranteed 99.95% system availability with asynchronous HSR.
- 1 In this example, an on-premises SAP user executes a sales order request via SAP’s S/4HANA Fiori interface, custom application interface or others.
- 2 Azure high-speed express route gateway is used to connect securely from an on-premises network to Azure Virtual Machines and other Azure resources.
- 3 Request flows into highly available SAP ABAP SAP Central Services ASCS and then through SAP application servers running on Azure Virtual Machines in a Azure VM Availability Set offering a 99.95 per cent uptime SLA.
- 4 Request is sent from app server to SAP HANA running on an Azure Virtual Machine optimised for large memory SAP HANA workloads.
- 5 Primary (active) and secondary (standby) running on SAP certified M-series virtual machines with Write Accelerator are clustered at OS level for 99.95 per cent availability, and data replication is handled through HANA System Replication in synchronous mode (HSR) from primary to secondary enabling zero RPO.
- 6 In-memory data of SAP HANA is persisted to high-performance Azure Premium Storage.
- 7 In-memory HANA data is replicated to a disaster recovery (DR) region virtual machine through an Azure high-speed backbone network and HSR in asynchronous mode. The disaster recovery VM can be smaller than the production VM to save costs.
- 8 VMs on the DR region can be used for non-production to save costs by mounting both the non-production storage and DR replicated volume (read-only).
- 9 SAP App Server with ASCS on the DR side can be in standby shutdown mode, and can be started when needed to save costs.