Public preview: Azure Monitor container insights support for Azure Arc enabled Kubernetes extension model
Published date: 06 April, 2021
Containers insights in Azure Monitor is now extending monitoring support for Kubernetes clusters hosted on Azure Arc. This support is currently in preview.
Container insights on Azure Arc-enabled Kubernetes keeps the same features as Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) monitoring, such as:
- Performance visibility by collecting memory and processor metrics from controllers, nodes, and containers that are available in Kubernetes.
- Visualization through workbooks and in the Azure portal.
- Alerting and querying historical data for troubleshooting issues.
- Capability to scrape Prometheus metrics.
With the new extension model update, you receive these new benefits:
- Easier enablement of container insights through the portal.
- Receive automatic agent updates for the latest version of monitoring.
Please note that if you are currently using the pre-extension public preview of container insights for Azure Arc enabled Kubernetes, you must upgrade to extension model to continue receiving support.
Support for Fairfax will go live on April 9th.
Learn more about containers insights.
Learn more about Azure Arc-enabled Kubernetes onboarding through the extension model.