Public preview: PowerShell in Azure Cloud Shell
Published date: 26 September, 2017
PowerShell in Azure Cloud Shell is now available in public preview. Azure Cloud Shell is a Microsoft-managed admin machine running on Azure, for Azure. It enables you to:
- Choose to use a PowerShell experience in Cloud Shell as an alternative to the existing Bash experience (also in public preview) while retaining the benefits of Cloud Shell, including:
- Authenticated access to Azure from virtually anywhere.
- A shell maintained and updated by Microsoft that comes equipped with commonly used CLI tools.
- Language support for several popular programming languages.
- The ability to persist data across sessions in attached Azure File storage.
- Browse and discover all your Azure resources by using a familiar file-system-like navigation with Azure drive (Azure:).
- Edit PowerShell scripts in VIM with built-in syntax highlighting and IntelliSense for PowerShell files.
- Add new commands from PowerShell Gallery that will persist across your Cloud Shell sessions.
Learn more about Cloud Shell by visiting the Cloud Shell documentation, and try it from the Azure portal.