Explore tools and resources to help you save
Find out about the tools, offers, and guidance designed to help you manage and optimize your Azure costs. Learn how to understand and forecast your bill, optimize workload costs, and control your spending.
Understand and forecast your costs
- Monitor and analyze your Azure bill with Microsoft Cost Management. Set budgets and allocate spending to your teams and projects.
- Estimate the costs for your next Azure projects using the Azure pricing calculator and the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) calculator.
- Successfully build your cloud business case with key financial and technical guidance from Azure.
Cost optimize your workloads
- Follow your Azure Advisor best practice recommendations for cost savings.
- Review your workload architecture for cost optimization using the Microsoft Azure Well-Architected Review assessment and the Microsoft Azure Well-Architected Framework design documentation.
- Save with Azure offers and licensing terms such as the Azure Hybrid Benefit, paying in advance for predictable workloads with reservations, Azure Spot Virtual Machines, Azure savings plan for compute, and Azure dev/test pricing.
8 ways to optimize costs today
Identify idle virtual machines (VMs), ExpressRoute circuits, and other resources with Azure Advisor. Get recommendations on which resources to shut down, and see how much you would save.
Find underutilized resources with Azure Advisor—and get recommendations on how to reduce your spend by reconfiguring or consolidating them.
Save up to 65 percent off pay-as-you-go pricing when you commit to spend a fixed hourly amount on compute services for one or three years.
Get a discount of up to 72 percent over pay-as-you-go pricing on Azure services when you prepay for a one- or three-year term with reservation pricing.Get a discount of up to 72 percent over pay-as-you-go pricing on Azure services when you prepay for a one- or three-year term with reservation pricing.
AWS is up to five times more expensive than Azure for Windows Server and SQL Server. Save when you migrate your on-premises workloads to Azure.
Save by dynamically allocating and de-allocating resources to match your performance needs.
Azure offers many ways to host your code. Operate more cost efficiently by selecting the right compute service for your application.
Create and manage budgets for the Azure services you use or subscribe to—and monitor your organization’s cloud spending—with Microsoft Cost Management.
Cost optimization training
- Gain visibility and draw cost insights using monitoring and analytics.
- Maximize the efficiency of your cloud environment.
- Provision resources that are optimized for cost.
Get help managing your costs from expert partners
Find help with cost management from an Azure partner with verified capabilities—and move forward confidently, knowing your partner is committed to your success. Depending on your needs, there are two expert partner options to choose from:
Azure advanced specialization partners provide deep expertise in specific scenarios—such as infrastructure migration, app modernization, cloud-native app development, or managing specialized workloads on Azure.
Azure expert managed service providers are generalists, offering validated expertise in managing and optimizing Azure environments, following industry and Microsoft best practices.