Simple, distributed, cross-platform replacement to network file share in the cloud
- Lift and shift legacy applications
- Simplest way to migrate to cloud quickly
- No coding required
- Get started by simply mounting share or simply updating config.
- Save hardware and maintenance overhead cost.
Migrate without changing code
Moving to the cloud can be easier than you think. Migrate your data to Azure File storage, and even your previous and packaged applications will be able to access it without code changes. Just lift and shift without worrying about file server dependencies, and securely mount storage from anywhere using SMB 3.0 encryption.
Why choose Azure File storage?
Not all cloud file storage is the same. Azure offers you:
- Windows and Linux support – connect to Windows or Linux clients for greater flexibility and compatibility with previous applications.
- Hybrid flexibility – it’s your data, access it how you want, from Azure or on-premises.
- REST API development – develop lean solutions with web-standard architecture for a variety of clients, including mobile.
Data security in Azure File Storage?
Azure File Storage supports Storage Service Encryption for Data at Rest that helps you protect and safeguard your data to meet your organisational security and compliance commitments. It uses HTTPS and SMB for securing data in transit and the access to Storage Account is restricted to users having access to Storage Account Key or SAS to ensure security of your data at all stages data lifecycle.
Scale easily and spend less
Scale your storage on the fly as demand changes, take advantage of lower cloud storage costs and walk away from on-premises file server management of hardware, capacity and budget. Make enterprise file sharing easier and more cost-effective.
Access your data, your way
Host your applications in Azure with virtual machines, or go hybrid with simultaneous, shared access from multiple on-premises and cloud virtual machines. Windows, Linux and mobile – the client platform is your choice, allowing you to manage multiple solutions with different requirements, for maximum flexibility.
“Running on Azure File storage puts us ahead of pretty much any solution on the market. It’s a huge competitive advantage, and I think the opportunities are limitless. The addressable market could range anywhere from small and medium-sized enterprises all the way up to large companies.”
Jaap van Duijvenbode, Product Director at Talon