Windows Virtual Machines Pricing
Start your Azure free account and get 12 months free access to Virtual Machines plus $200 credit for 30 days.
Azure Virtual Machines gives you the flexibility of virtualisation for a wide range of computing solutions with support for Linux, Windows Server, SQL Server, Oracle, IBM, SAP and more. All current generation Virtual Machines include load balancing and auto-scaling at no cost. For optimal performance, we recommend pairing your Virtual Machines with Managed Disks. Standard egress charges apply.
Choose from the following payment options for Virtual Machines. Combine either option with the Azure Hybrid Benefit for additional savings.
Pay as you go
Pay for compute capacity by the second, with no long-term commitment or upfront payments. Increase or decrease compute capacity on demand. Start or stop at any time and only pay for what you use.Learn more
- Users who prefer the low cost and flexibility of Azure Virtual Machines.
- Applications with short-term, spiky, or unpredictable workloads that cannot be interrupted.
- Applications being developed or tested on Azure Virtual Machines for the first time.
Reserved Virtual Machine Instances
An Azure Reserved Virtual Machine Instance is an advance purchase of a Virtual Machine for one or three years in a specified region. The commitment is made up front, and in return, you get up to 72 per cent price savings compared to pay-as-you-go pricing. Reserved Virtual Machine Instances are flexible and can easily be exchanged or returned.
- Applications with steady-state usage.
- Customers who want budget predictability.
- Customers who can commit to using a virtual machine (VM) over a one-year or three-year term to reduce computing costs.
Purchase unused compute capacity at deep discounts – up to 90 per cent compared to pay-as-you-go prices. *
If your workload can tolerate interruptions and its execution time is flexible, then using spot VMs can significantly reduce the cost of running your workload in Azure. Run your workloads on Virtual Machines or Virtual Machine Scale Sets.
* The maximum discounts will be available when variable pricing becomes effective. Actual discounts may vary based on region, VM type and Azure compute capacity available when the workload is deployed.
- Customers who want to significantly lower their costs.
- Interruptible applications. You can receive a notification 30 seconds in advance before your application is evicted.
- Workloads that do not require completion within a predetermined time frame or an SLA.
Example Virtual Machines pricing
Azure Virtual Machines are designed for all budgets and workloads, starting from our economical Bs-series to our newest GPU VMs optimised for machine learning. Explore popular categories:
The Av2 virtual machines offer a cost-effective option for dev-test environments, low-traffic websites and web applications, micro services and small databases.
Our Bs-series VM provides an economical, low-cost solution for workloads that occasionally need to burst, powered by Intel® Xeon® Processors. Free for 12 months.
Raw compute power
Fsv2 is our newest compute-optimised VM family and is powered by the Intel® Xeon® Platinum 8168 (Skylake) processor for raw compute power.
Balanced CPU and memory
Our Dv3 family is the latest generation of our general purpose VMs powered by Intel® Xeon® processors. It is appropriate for a variety of workloads.
High memory-to-core ratio
Ev3 is our latest generation of memory-optimised VMs powered by Intel® Xeon® Processors. It is great for relational database servers, caches and in-memory analytics.
HBv2 VMs now available in preview
Optimised for applications driven by memory bandwidth
- Powered by AMD EPYC™ 7002-series CPU cores
- Ideal for workloads such as fluid dynamics, explicit finite element analysis and weather modelling
- 200Gb/sec HDR InifinBand for large-scale jobs
- Connect up to 80,000 cores for single jobs