API App Onboarding Program
API App onboarding program provides a simple yet powerful way for community developers and partners to distribute and monetize your APIs to all Azure customers.
For community developers
Share your passion and expertise
- Rich ecosystem with worldwide presence.
- Cross-platform, developer-friendly publishing experience.
- Innovated distribution mechanism with zero cost.
How to contribute?
Expand your customer reach
- Access worldwide customers who have adopted Azure as their chosen platform.
- Monetize your APIs side-by-side with Microsoft solutions on azure.microsoft.com/marketplace.
- Gain exposure in Microsoft Azure classic portal that is accessed by developers and IT pros every day.
How to become a partner?
Request for an API app
Don’t see some API app you want to use here? Open a request at Microsoft Azure customer feedback forum.
- What are the differences between being a community developer and a partner?
API Apps from community developers API Apps from partners Marketplace experience Show in a general community category Promote into more specific categories Onboarding process 100% self-serve Self-serve, plus verification from Microsoft Onboarding requirements Following best practices are highly recommended Following best practices are required Monetization No Yes Customer expectation Expectation for software from community Expectation for supported software from organizations
- What are the specific requirements for partner verification?
- Provide marketing materials that meet Microsoft criteria for your application to be listed on azure.microsoft.com and in the Microsoft Azure classic portal.
- Make technical support available to their customers in a commercially reasonable manner, whether free, paid, or through community support.
- How do I monetize my API Apps?
Monetization will come in the near future. Please contact email@example.com for any questions.
- Where can I submit requests or ask questions about this onboarding program?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Do I need to be a Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) member to become an API App partner?