Getting started with Azure Sphere
Azure Sphere development kits include everything you need to get started prototyping and developing Azure Sphere apps. Order yours today.
Set up your Azure Sphere device
Azure Sphere provides a rich development experience based on Microsoft Visual Studio. The Visual Studio Tools for Azure Sphere support IntelliSense and breakpoint-based debugging from a PC, along with a wizard for using an Azure IoT Hub. Sample apps and project templates are also included.
- An Azure Sphere development kit
- A PC running Windows 10 Anniversary Update or later
- Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise, Professional or Community, version 15.7 or later
Once you've completed the download, follow the Get Started documentation to install Azure Sphere and set up your board.
Make the most of this opportunity
Connect with our team of Microsoft partner technical consultants to help your business develop key capabilities. Azure Sphere manufacturing tooling and documentation are available for OEMs to incorporate Azure Sphere into your product.
Comprehensive support options are available to meet your needs, whether you're getting started or are already deploying Azure Sphere.
- Start here to set up your device: Azure Sphere documentation.
- Community support: Engage with Microsoft engineers and Azure Sphere community experts.
- Feedback: Submit product feedback or new feature requests.
- Azure Sphere assisted support: One-to-one technical support for Azure Sphere is available for customers who have an Azure subscription associated with an Azure support plan.
- Service notifications: Operational notifications and updates from the Azure Sphere Engineering team. View notifications.
Included here are the notices and source code for third-party components shipped with Azure Sphere, in accordance with the corresponding licences that contain disclosure obligations.
Third-party notices for TP4.2.1 release