At BUILD 2017, we announced the preview of Azure Cloud Shell, which supports the Bash shell. As showcased (at 9:35 min) by Corey Sanders, we are adding PowerShell support to Azure Cloud Shell, which gives you a choice of shell to get work done.
The PowerShell experience will provide the same benefits as the Bash shell in Azure Cloud Shell:
- Get authenticated shell access to Azure from virtually anywhere.
- Use common tools and programming languages in a shell that’s updated and maintained by Microsoft.
- Persist your files across sessions in attached Azure File storage.
Additionally, the PowerShell experience will provide:
- Azure namespace capability to let you easily discover and navigate all Azure resources.
- Interaction with VMs to enable seamless management into the guest VMs.
- Extensible model to import additional cmdlets and ability to run any executable.
Sign-up today to participate in a limited preview of PowerShell in Azure Cloud Shell.
PowerShell is already the default shell for Windows 10. Adding PowerShell to Cloud Shell ensures you’ll have access to the most common automation tool for managing Azure resources from virtually anywhere.
We look forward to sharing this awesome new PowerShell experience with you!