We are moving fast; just one week after the last update, we're excited to release the Azure BaaS Update #2!
The response to the Azure BaaS offering for partners and customers has been compelling and we have formed a line onboarding new partners and customers into the staging area awaiting the official launch of the category in the Azure Marketplace.
Even though the Marketplace category is taking awhile to stand up, the offerings are still available in the staging area (search for "bloc" and most of the blockchain offerings will show up).
In addition to having some awesome partners like ConsenSys and Ripple in the BaaS ecosystem, we have some great new members too, like Eris, CoinPrism (OpenChain) and Factom. Here is an update on the activities of our existing and new partners in BaaS.
- ConsenSys: Ethereum in all flavors
- Ethereum C++
- Eris Industries: A leading platform for industrial applications of smart contract technology. Eris:db blockchains are permissionable, logic optimized blockchains which run EVM compatible blockchains within a permissioned blockchain network. The following templates are in the pipeline:
- Single validator eris:db blockchain client for rapid prototyping
- Seven validator eris:db blockchain network for stable demonstration chains spread across user selected Azure data centers
- Azure clients will be able to upload the details of their permissioning requirements for the blockchain network in question as part of the instantiation process
- CoinPrism: OpenChain is an open source distributed ledger technology. It is suited for organizations wishing to issue and manage digital assets in a robust, secure and scalable way. The following is in the pipeline:
- Single-node OpenChain test and development environment
- In Q1 2016: Production use harnessing Azure's infrastructure to achieve high availability making it possible to scale up as needed to achieve thousands of transactions per second. Also, a template that will deploy an OpenChain instance will be configured as a pegged sidechain.
- Factom: Simplify records management, record business processes, and address security and compliance issues. The following are in the pipeline:
- Deploy a factomd service exposing the Factom APIs - Q1 2016
- Bitcoin data service of prices from different exchanges recorded on Factom's Blockchain - Q1 2016
That's it for this week. Looking forward to another big week ahead!