This project welcomes contributions and suggestions. Most contributions require you to agree to a Contributor License Agreement (CLA) declaring that you have the right to, and actually do, grant us the rights to use your contribution. For details, visit https://cla.microsoft.com.
When you submit a pull request, a CLA-bot will automatically determine whether you need to provide a CLA and decorate the PR appropriately (e.g., label, comment). Simply follow the instructions provided by the bot. You will only need to do this once across all repos using our CLA.
How to run this project
To complete this quickstart:
- Install Azure Storage SDK for Python. <!-- (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/develop/python/) which makes it easy to consume Microsoft Azure Storage services. -->
If you don't have an Azure subscription, create a free account before you begin.
Create a storage account using the Azure portal
First, create a new general-purpose storage account to use for this quickstart.
- Go to the Azure portal and log in using your Azure account.
- On the Hub menu, select New > Storage > Storage account - blob, file, table, queue.
- Enter a name for your storage account. The name must be between 3 and 24 characters in length and may contain numbers and lowercase letters only. It must also be unique.
Deployment modelto Resource manager.
Account kindto General purpose.
Replicationto Locally Redundant storage (LRS).
Storage service encryptionto Disabled.
Secure transfer requiredto Disabled.
- Select your subscription.
resource group, create a new one and give it a unique name.
- Select the
Locationto use for your storage account.
- Check Pin to dashboard and click Create to create your storage account.
After your storage account is created, it is pinned to the dashboard. Click on it to open it. Under SETTINGS, click Access keys. Select a key and copy the CONNECTION STRING to the clipboard, then paste it into Notepad for later use.
Configure your storage connection string
In the application, you must provide your storage account name and account key to create a BlockBlobService object. Open the
example.py file from the Solution Explorer in your IDE. Replace accountname and accountkey with your account name and key.
block_blob_service = BlockBlobService(account_name='accountname', account_key='accountkey')