Identity Management for Multitenant Applications in Microsoft Azure
This sample is a multitenant web application, called Surveys, that allows users to create online surveys. The sample demonstrates some key concerns when managing user identities in a multitenant application, including sign-up, authentication, authorization, and app roles.
To run this sample, see How to run the Tailspin Surveys sample application.
We also created a set of written guidance to accompany the sample. The written guidance and the sample are designed to complement each other.
Here are the main scenarios covered in both the guidance and the sample:
- Authentication using Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) and OpenID Connect
- Working with claims-based identities
- Tenant onboarding (signup)
- Application roles
- Role-based and resource-based authorization
- Authenticating in a backend web API
- Caching OAuth tokens in a distributed cache
- Reading app configuration settings from Azure Key Vault