We are happy to announce the release of the newest version of Microsoft MPI (MS-MPI). MS-MPI v7.1 is the successor to the Microsoft MPI v7 redistributable package (released in November 2015). You can download a copy of MS-MPI v7.1 from the Microsoft download center.
MS-MPI v7.1 includes the following notable improvements and fixes to MS-MPI v7:
- More resilient setup; will not fail when previous uninstallations did not successfully clean up the registry.
- Bug fixed within MS-MPI v7 that caused jobs to fail when a large number of MPI jobs were executed concurrently on the same set of nodes.
- MS-MPI v7.1 will automatically fall back to NTLM if Kerberos authentication fails in environment with partial or misconfigured Kerberos support.
- mpiexec will support Unicode characters in command line and no longer has a hardcoded limit for command line length.
- Long path notation (\\?\) is now supported.
Note: The SDK components for MS-MPI (headers and libraries) ship separately from the redistributable package binary files. However, it is available from the same download page with the redistributable package.
To learn more about MS-MPI, see Microsoft MPI on MSDN or in the Windows HPC MPI Forum.
For more detailed questions, or future feature requests, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.