Azure Storage Performance and Scalability Test
This is an Azure storage demo that creates a DS14v2 virtual machine with 50 1GB random files that are uploaded and downloaded to a storage account to showcase scalability and performance when using the Azure storage SDK.
- Click Deploy button to deploy the sample to a Windows VM on Azure
- Once deployment is completed, connect to the VM via RDP using the administrator account you defined. You will have 50 files each 1GB on the D: drive as sample data.
- Navigate to the sample application in D:\git\storage-dotnet-perf-scale-app
- Run the application to upload the files to Azure Storage from the folder
- By default the download and delete capabilities are commented out. To run them uncomment the
// DeleteExistingContainersAsync().GetAwaiter().GetResult();lines for in the Main method.
- Re-build the application by running
- Re-run the application by running
When done with the sample, remember to delete the VM and resource group to ensure you do not continue to get charged.