Yesterday, we announced availability of the Windows Azure SDK and Windows Azure Tools for Visual Studio release 1.3, as well as several features being rolled out as a beta or CTP. To help you better understand how to use these new features and enhancements, as well as those announced at PDC10 earlier this month, a new version of the Windows Azure Platform Training Kit is now available for free download. This release of the training kit includes several new hands-on labs (HOLs) that focus on the latest Windows Azure features and enhancements.
- Advanced Web and Worker Role - explains how to use admin mode and startup tasks
- Connecting Cloud Apps to on-premises resources with Windows Azure Connect
- Virtual Machine Role - describes how to get started with VM Role by creating and deploying a VHD
- Windows Azure CDN - a simple introduction to the CDN
- Introduction to the Windows Azure AppFabric Service Bus Futures - shows how to use the new Service Bus features in the AppFabric labs environment
- Building Windows Azure Apps with Caching Service - explains how to use the new Windows Azure AppFabric Caching service
- Introduction to the AppFabric Access Control Service V2 - covers how to build a simple web application that supports multiple identity providers
- Introduction to Windows Azure - updated to use the new Windows Azure Platform Portal
- Introduction to SQL Azure - updated to use the new Windows Azure Platform Portal
If you prefer to download selected HOLs without downloading the entire training kit package, you can browse and download all of the available labs here.