Today we announce the release of two new data offers that have recently been added to the Windows Azure Marketplace:
- Worldwide Historical Weather Data: Provides weather information including historical daily maximum temperature, minimum temperature, precipitation, dewpoint, sea level pressure, windspeed, and wind gust for thousands of locations around the world. Data is available on-line from 2000 through the current week and historical data is added every week for the previous week for all global locations.
- The Stock Sonar: The Stock Sonar Sentiment Service provides sentiment scores for public companies trades on the US stock market. The Stock Sonar retrieves, reads and analyzes information from a wide variety of online sources including articles, blogs, press releases and other publicly available information based on an in-depth understanding of a text's meaning.
The Windows Azure Marketplace is an online market for buying and selling finished Software-as- a-Service (SaaS) applications and premium datasets. The Windows Azure Marketplace helps companies instantly discover premium applications, public domain and trusted commercial data from partners – everything from Health to Retail and Manufacturing applications to demographics, navigation, crime, and web services and algorithms for data cleansing.
Learn more about the Windows Azure Marketplace:
- Whitepaper: Windows Azure Marketplace
- Video: First Look: Windows Azure Marketplace
- Video: Discover and subscribe to data feeds on DataMarket
- Case Studies: Learn how others are using the Marketplace