In a keynote two weeks ago, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella shared the company's vision for enterprise security in a mobile-first, cloud-first world. He highlighted the need for a new approach to security – one that leverages Microsoft’s unique insights into the threat landscape – and showcased Microsoft technologies, including Azure Security Center, which will work together to help customers better prevent, detect, and respond to threats.
Today, we are pleased to announce that the public preview of Azure Security Center is now available. The new service offers unmatched security monitoring and management for your cloud resources and is an essential part of Microsoft’s vision to deliver a holistic, agile security platform for today’s enterprise. With Azure Security Center, you can:
- Understand the security state of your Azure resources
- Take control of cloud security with policies that let you recommend and monitor security configurations
- Easily deploy integrated Microsoft and partner security solutions from Barracuda, F5, and Trend Micro and soon from Fortinet, Check Point, Cisco, Imperva, Incapsula, and CloudFlare
- Get alerted to threats detected using advanced analytics, including machine learning and behavioral profiling, and Microsoft’s vast global threat intelligence assets
To get started with Azure Security Center today, access the Azure portal or sign up for a free Azure trial.
- Browse to select Azure Security Center from the left menu.
- Customize the security policy for your Azure subscriptions according to your company security needs and the type of applications or sensitivity of data. Enable automatic collection of security configurations and logs for analysis and choose the security controls you want to monitor and recommend.
- Complete security recommendations, such as enabling antimalware on virtual machines, defining a Network Security Group for subnets and network interfaces, applying encryption for SQL databases and more. Click to resolve the recommendation or learn more.
- Monitor the security state of your Azure resources, including your virtual machines, networks, SQL databases and more. Quickly identify security vulnerabilities and click to take action or learn more.
- Access a prioritized list of alerts detected through analysis of network traffic and virtual machine behavior, along with alerts from integrated partner solutions. Click an alert for additional information and suggestions on how to mitigate the threat.
Watch the AzureCon session, review the documentation, or read the announcement to learn more.