Microsoft Azure IoT Starter Kit Companion CLI
The Microsoft Azure IoT Starter Kit Companion CLI is a sample command line application that helps you get your IoT device connected to an IoT Hub.
The Microsoft Azure IoT Starter Kit Companion CLI will help you:
- Connect your IoT device to a wireless network with Internet access.
- Provision resources such as an IoT Hub and IoT Device in Azure.
- Install and configure the IoT Edge Runtime on your IoT device as appropriate.
- Requires Python 2, or 3
- Requires the Microsoft Azure CLI 2.0
- Requires the Microsoft Azure IoT Extension for Azure CLI 2.0
The easiest way to install the Microsoft Azure IoT Starter Kit Companion CLI is using pip:
pip install azure-iot-starterkit-cli
Note: You might need to add the Python scripts folder to your PATH to use the tool (usually in here 'C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\Scripts\')
Getting a development environment up and running so that you can contribute fixes is easy:
git clone https://github.com/Azure-Samples/azure-iot-starterkit-cli.git
pip install --editable .
The follow videos show how to get started with the CLI:
- Using the CLI to set up and configure a Grove Starter Kit for Azure IoT Edge.
- Using the CLI to set up and configure an Azure teXXmo IoT button.
- Detailed documentation on how to use the CLI to provision your IoT Edge device can be found here.
This project welcomes contributions and suggestions. Most contributions require you to agree to a Contributor License Agreement (CLA) declaring that you have the right to, and actually do, grant us the rights to use your contribution. For details, visit https://cla.microsoft.com.
When you submit a pull request, a CLA-bot will automatically determine whether you need to provide a CLA and decorate the PR appropriately (e.g., label, comment). Simply follow the instructions provided by the bot. You will only need to do this once across all repos using our CLA.