With more computing environments moving to the cloud, the need for stronger cloud security has never been greater. But what constitutes effective cloud security, and what best practices should you be following?
While Microsoft Azure delivers unmatched built-in security, it is important that you understand the breadth of security controls and take advantage of them to protect your workloads.
We launched the Azure Security Expert Series, which will provide on-going virtual content to help security professionals protect hybrid cloud environments. Ann Johnson, CVP of Cybersecurity Solutions Group at Microsoft, kicked off the series and shared five cloud security best practices:
- Strengthen Access Control
- Increase your security posture
- Secure apps and data
- Manage networking
- Mitigate threats
Make sure you are up to speed with each of these important best practices as you secure your own organization.
Customer Lockbox for Microsoft Azure
During Ann’s main talk, she announced the general availability of Customer Lockbox for Microsoft Azure. Customer Lockbox for Azure extends our commitment to customer privacy while also giving you help when you need it most. With Customer Lockbox for Microsoft Azure, customers can review and approve or reject requests from Microsoft engineers to access their data during a support case. Access is granted only if approved and the entire process is audited with records stored in the Activity Logs.
Customer Lockbox is now generally available and currently enabled for remote desktop access to virtual machines. To learn more, please go to Customer Lockbox for Microsoft documentation.
What will you learn?
Missed the broadcast or want to dive deeper into SIEM, IOT, Networking or Security Center?
Check out the Azure Security Expert series which includes the best practice session with Ann, and additional drill-down sessions including:
- Get started with Azure Sentinel a cloud-native SIEM
- What is cloud-native Azure Network Security?
- Securing the hybrid cloud with Security Center
- What makes IoT Security different?
Until June 26th, 2019, you will have a chance to win a Microsoft Xbox One S. To enter, watch the sessions and complete the knowledge check on the entry form and submit the entry.**
‘Ask Us Anything’ with Azure security experts
Have more questions? The Azure security team will be hosting an ‘Ask Us Anything’ session on Twitter on Monday June 24, 2019 from 10 am – 11:30 am PT (1 pm – 2:30 pm ET). Our product and engineering teams will be available to answer questions about Azure security services.
Post your questions to Twitter by mentioning @AzureSupport and using the hashtag #AzureSecuritySeries.
If there are follow-ups or additional questions that come up after the Twitter session, no problem! We’re happy to continue the dialogue afterward through Twitter or send your questions to Azuresecurityexpert@microsoft.com.
Save the date
How do I learn more about Azure security and connect with the tech community?
There are several ways to stay connected and access new executive talks, on-demand sessions, or other types of valuable content covering a range of cloud security topics to help you get started or accelerate your cloud security plan.
- Watch for content on Azure Security Expert Series.
- Visit Microsoft Azure for product details.
- Follow the social channel for Azure security news and updates on @Azure.
- Join our security community to connect with the engineering teams and participate in previews, group discussions, give feedback, etc.
- Accelerate your knowledge on security capabilities within Azure with hands-on training courses with Microsoft Professional Program for Cybersecurity, or watch out for new Azure security training sessions on Microsoft Learn.
- Attend Microsoft Ignite for specialized security learning paths and other exclusive activities to learn from the experts and connect with your peers.
**The Sweepstakes will run exclusively between June 19 – June 26 11:59 PM Pacific Time. No purchase necessary. To enter, you must be a legal resident of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia), and be 18 years of age or older. You will need to complete all the Knowledge Check questions in the entry form to qualify for the sweepstakes. Please refer to our official rules for more details.