We’re excited to announce images for SQL Server 2016 on Windows Server 2016 in the Azure Marketplace!
All SQL Server 2016 editions on Windows Server 2016 Data Center are available:
- SQL Developer – Free full edition of SQL Server for development/testing (no production)
- SQL Express – Entry level free database for lightweight workloads (1 GB memory, 10 GB storage)
- SQL Web – Low-cost database for low to medium-size web applications
- SQL Standard – Core Database capabilities for medium-size workloads
- SQL Enterprise – Full edition of SQL Server with comprehensive capabilities for mission-critical or large transactional processing, data warehousing, and business intelligence workloads
In addition, we make BYOL versions of SQL Standard and SQL Enterprise available to easily leverage your Bring-Your-Own-License benefit.
The best thing – all our automated Portal experiences (storage configuration, optimization for a targeted workload, automated patching) work with these images.
SQL Server 2016
SQL Server 2016 is the industry-leading database platform for transactional processing and business intelligence. It’s the least vulnerable database, and has everything built-in, from advanced analytics to unparalleled in-memory performance.
Windows Server 2016
Windows Server 2016 is the cloud-ready operating system that supports your workloads while adding multiple security layers and introducing powerful storage and management capabilities.
SQL Server 2016 and Windows Server 2016 – better together
Windows Server 2016 further increases Windows Server’s performance and scalability. In addition, it introduces various features that enable new SQL Server scenarios or simplify existing ones; for example, Storage Spaces Direct, Multi-domain and Workgroup Windows Clusters, and Just-Enough Administration (JEA).
Provision a VM with SQL Server 2016 on Windows Server 2016 today!