We are very pleased to announce the Public Preview of the CSV format support for the Azure Consumption and Charge Usage Detail API. In Aug 2017, we released the generally available version of the Azure Consumption and Charge APIs with JSON format support. We received a lot of feedback from Enterprise customers requesting support for CSV format of data, especially for the usage detail report. Based on this feedback, we are releasing two mechanisms for pulling CSV formatted data.
- Synchronous i.e. non-polling
- Asynchronous i.e. polling based
You can learn more about the CSV format support by reading the detailed documentation, available under the CSV format section. In addition, we have a Power BI Content Pack and Power BI Connector available for Enterprise customers to perform detailed analysis on their Azure usage and spend details.
Details of the APIs:
- Usage Detail: The Usage Detail API offers a daily breakdown of consumed quantities and estimated charges by an enrollment. The results also include information on instances, meters, and departments. The API can be queried by billing period or by a specified start and end date.
- Synchronous non-Polling Based Solution: This is a one-step call that can be used for pulling usage details data where the dataset is known to be small. Pulling bigger time range with larger quantity of data might result in timeout.
- Asynchronous Polling Based Solution: This is a two-step call where polling is required to check for the readiness of the data. We recommend using this API as it can support 36 months of time range and considerable bigger datasets.
We are working on providing Azure Consumption and Charge data with ARM support as part of a consistent channel agnostic API set. As always, we welcome any feedback or suggestion you may have. These can be sent to us using the Azure Feedback Forum and Azure MSDN forum. We will continue to enhance our collateral with additional functionality to provide richer insights into your usage and spend data for all workloads running on Azure.