If you’re considering a move to the cloud for your portfolio of applications, planning your journey just got a bit easier. The next version of the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit—version 6.0— is now available for free download as part of the MAP 6.0 Beta Program. This new release includes the Windows Azure Migration Portfolio Analysis, which offers the ability to quantify and label applications and services in your organization’s IT environment to consider migrating to the Windows Azure platform.
The Windows Azure Migration Portfolio Analysis will enable you to:
- Catalog all of the applications in your environment
- Estimate the needed capacity to run your applications on the Windows Azure platform
- Evaluate applications based on migration difficulty
- Stack rank applications in terms of migration suitability
- Obtain a TCO-ROI analysis for the application
The MAP 6.0 Beta will also help you:
- Accelerate planning to private cloud with Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track Onboarding
- Identify migration opportunities with enhanced heterogeneous server environment inventory
- Assess your client environment for Office 365 readiness
- Determine readiness for migration to Windows Internet Explorer 9
- Discover Oracle database schemas for migration to SQL Server
MAP works with the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and Security Compliance Manager to help you plan, securely deploy, and manage new Microsoft technologies—easier, faster, and at less cost. Learn more.
Click here to register for the MAP 6.0 Beta Review program.