Welcome to the latest edition of our weekly roundup of the latest community-driven news, content and conversations about cloud computing and Windows Azure. Here are the highlights from last week.
- Gartner Says Platform as a Service is on the Cusp of Several Years of Strategic Growth, HPC in the Cloud (posted Feb. 1.)
- Indiana Students Receive $100k to Research Cloud Computing by Charlie Osborne, ZDNet (posted Feb. 1.)
- More Business Intelligence Moving to the Cloud: Survey by Joe McKendrick, Forbes (posted Jan. 30.)
- Microsoft Rolls Out Test Security Service for SQL Azure by Kurt Mackie, Redmondmag.com (posted Jan. 31.)
- Europe Stumps up £8 Million for Cloud Computing Strategy by Jennifer Baker, Computerworld UK (posted Jan. 27.)
- New Book Featuring Windows Azure Case Studies (thanks to @ApolloGonzalez for the tweet.)
- Bytes by MSDN Interview: Vishwas Lele, CTO of AIS and Tim Huckaby, Founder of Interknowlogy and Actus Software (posted Jan. 24.)
- CloudCover Episode 68 – Throttling SQL Azure with Scott Klein (posted Jan. 29.)
- Get Started with Node.js + Windows Azure: Resources blog post by Peter Laudati, developer evangelist at Microsoft (posted Feb. 1.
- Windows Azure Data Security (Cleansing and Leakage) blog post by Walter Myers III, principal consultant with Microsoft Consulting Services (posted Feb. 1.)
- Hosting Your Moodle on Windows Azure blog post by Lee Stott, academic evangelist at Microsoft UK (posted Jan. 30.)
Help us ensure that these weekly roundups are useful to you by telling us what type of content would you like to see here. And please share any articles you come across that you think we should highlight, or content of your own that you’d like to share. You can use the comments section below, or talk to us on Twitter @WindowsAzure.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Himanshu Kumar Singh