UPDATE: The new Windows Azure Service Management API content is now available. Please refer to this post for more information.
The Windows Azure Service Management API enables Windows Azure customers to programmatically manage their deployments, hosted services, and storage accounts. We are pleased to announce the release of new Windows Azure Service Management API features that enable customers to manage the lifecycle of storage services – specifically to programmatically create, update, or delete storage services using the following new methods: Create Storage Account; Update Storage Account; and Delete Storage Account.
In addition, new versions of two existing Windows Azure Service Management API methods enable customers to obtain additional information about their deployments and subscriptions.
- The new version of the Get Deployment method returns the following additional information
- Instance size, SDK version, input endpoint list, role name, VIP, port
- Update domain and fault domain of role instance
- The new version of the List Subscriptions method returns the following additional information: OperationStartedTime and OperationCompletedTime
- The request header to use the new versions of these methods is: “x-ms-version: 2011-06-01”
The updated Windows Azure Service Management API content will be released and announced within the next several days.