Welcome to the latest edition of our weekly roundup of the latest community-driven news, content and conversations about cloud computing and Windows Azure. Here are the highlights from last week.
- Guthrie Talks Node.js and Windows Azure at Cloud Event by John K. Waters, ADT Magazine (posted Jan. 27.)
- EU Seeks Joint National Cloud-Computing Purchases for Growth, Marthe Fourcade and Robert Vapuesta editors, BusinessWeek (posted Jan. 26.)
- States Allow Voting Via Cloud for Citizens Overseas by Elizabeth Montalbano, InformationWeek (posted Jan. 25.)
- Windows Azure on Cloud9, IDE by Adrian Bridgewater, Dr. Dobbs (posted Jan. 24.)
- State Clouds Have Local Linings by Justin Kern, Information Management (posted Jan. 23.)
- UK Windows Azure User Group Event Feb. 7, Parallel Processing with Windows Azure and HPC Server (thanks to @lwaug for the tweet.)
- Webcast: How to Transform Your Dynamics Business with Windows Azure Feb. 8 at 9:00 am ET (posted Jan. 29.)
- Windows Azure Camp in Toronto, Ontario, Canada March 3 (thanks to @chrduf for the tweet.)
- 8 Essential Best Practices in Windows Azure Blog Storage by Nuno Godinho, A Cloudy Place (posted Jan. 27.)
- Cannot Create Database ‘DevelopmentStorageDb20110816’ for the Windows Azure Storage Emulator blog post by Wade Wegner, Windows Azure Technical Evangelist at Microsoft (posted Jan. 25.)
- How Much Overcapacity Are You Running with Today? I Bet SQL Azure Federations Can Trim That! blog post by Cihan Biyikoglu, SQL Azure program manager at Microsoft (posted Jan. 26.)
- Register for the Upcoming Windows Azure Discovery Events on the West Coast blog post by Wes Yanaga, Microsoft evangelist (posted Jan. 24.)
Help us ensure that these weekly roundups are useful to you by telling us what type of content would you like to see here. And please share any articles you come across that you think we should highlight, or content of your own that you’d like to share. You can use the comments section below, or talk to us on Twitter @WindowsAzure.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Himanshu Kumar Singh